- View linked slideshow images:
- Slideshow image #1
Business and Economy
Ararat Rural City Council has a dedicated Economic Development team with unrivalled local knowledge, and an indepth understanding of local and regional issues.
The team has built a solid reputation for innovation and performance in economic development. Its focus is on providing relevant information and data and support for business of all sizes, regional economic development and strategic planning for sustainable growth.
"Our passion is to grow your vision!"
Services provided by Council
- Support for expansion and retention of businesses in the municipality.
- Attraction of inbound investment.
- Facilitation of improvements to regional infrastructure services such as transport and utilities.
- Leveraging Government funding for local projects and built improvements.
- Export market development.
- Marketing the City as a place for business and settlement.
- Preparation of quality submissions highlighting local needs to the Commonwealth and to the Victorian State Government and industry associations.
- Support for investment attraction.
- Initial assessment of business need and referral to other appropriate service provider(s).
- Strategic planning and the analysis of commercial and demographic trends and issues likely to affect the community.
- Assistance with the co-ordination of Council and other agency regulatory permits and approval processes.
- Development site information and commercial site location.
- Advice about State and Commonwealth Government industry assistance.