- View linked slideshow images:
- Slideshow image #1
Ararat Rural City Council’s Economic Development Unit works alongside businesses in the region to help them grow and prosper well into the future. It has a broad range of services to assist all businesses both large and small, including shop front, home based and mobile services.
The Economic Development Unit provides the following services:
- Support and referral for business expansion
- Access to important networks
- Leveraging State and Federal and Government funds for local projects
- Marketing the city as a place for business and settlement
- Assistance with submission preparation
- Assessment of business needs
- Referral to appropriate service providers
- Analysis of commercial and demographic trends
- Help to comply with Council and other agency permits and approvals
- Information about development sites for business and commercial investors
- Advice about State and Commonwealth Government industry assistance
- Supporting material for promotional or recruitment purposes
- Rural business support officer
- Industry support through network groups and training workshops
- Support and advice for small business
- Support and advice for home-based and mobile services businesses
- Business coaching, training and mentoring
Ararat also has an active and passionate business network – the Ararat Regional Business Association – which offers support, training and advice for members. Members are also able to take part in the Association’s promotions.
Ararat Rural City’s Economic Development Unit over the years has been rated Victoria’s best, in the state Government’s Local Government.